1 cup of sticky rice flour
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tbsp matcha
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup corn starch
1 cup of water
1/2 can of red bean paste
- open a can of red bean paste, roll in a log and wrap with foil paper
- freeze it for half an hour
- take it out and cut into 8 sections
- use a microwaveable bowl, combine rice flours itch water first.
- then add sugar, matcha, salt
- stir well
- Cover with a tight lid or wrap the bowl with a plastic wrap and punch a tiny hole to let air out
- microwave for 3 minutes
- stir well and pour out hot mixture on corn starch which is spread on the prep table.
- roll the mixture slightly on the corn starch and form a log
- cut into 8 equal pieces
- take one and press the center
- fill it with one section of red bean
- fold it inside the hot rice dough. press dough till no bean can be seen
- rub it with corn starch and place it in parchment paper.
Additional Mochi Fillings Options
Black Sesame filling.
Black sesame paste, 4 oz
Molasses , 4 oz
- Pour sesame paste and molasses in a metal pan on medium heat and blend them by folding withsilicone spatula. After 5 mins, add 1/3 cup of tapioca starch to the mixture and stir.
- When the mixture turns thick, turn off heat and pour the mixture to a foil paper about 11″ X 8″ with a thin layer of starch on its top.
- Fold in the mixture with the foil paper.
- Gently roll it and freeze it for half an hour.
- Wait for your mochi are ready to be stuffed.
Matcha Mochi ice cream filling
4 oz heavy vanilla ice cream
1 tsp matcha
- Leave ice cream on kitchen counter for 15 mins to melt, and blend in matcha, stirring well with a whisk
- re-freeze the ice cream until hard
- Prepare the mochi dough by flattening and rolled into a thin layer on a quarter size baking sheet, on which a thin layer of starch is dusted.
- Use a 2″ diameter cookie cutter to cut dough into circles.
- Cool for 15 mins.
- fill 1.5 tsp of ice cream into a mochi circle, squeeze four sides and roll it on a starched surface , quickly put it in a 4 oz sauce cup . Freeze it quick.