Té House of Tea is owned by Houstonian Connie Lacobie. Connie is a native of Hong Kong, brings her culture's long history with tea to the United States. Living here for 20+ years, Connie enjoys Houston's multi-cultural environment and is excited about broadening our horizons with quality teas and tea culture and rituals. Connie is a master of tea, and is recognized by the Specialty Tea Institute as a certified "Level II - Tea Specialist"!
Our phone number is 713.522.8868.
Our store is at 1927 Fairview St., in the Montrose/River Oaks area. It is convenient to reach from Shephard Dr. (from the south, turn right at the light at Fairview), Westheimer (turn north at the light at Woodhead), or West Gray (turn south at the light at Woodhead).
For more contact details, read our contacts page.
Fair Trade Certified
Té House of Tea is Fair Trade Certified by Transfair . Look for our special fairly traded teas served in our store, and available for sale. Support Your World!
We are also proud members of the following organizations:
- Park Civic Association . Our lovely neighborhood association.
- Specialty Tea Institute . Connie is STI Level 2 certified, Houston's own tea master! .
We also partner with local businesses, such as Amy's Ice Cream on Shepherd, and Araya on West Gray, for some delicious specialty products.
Our Environmental Commitment:
In keeping with our commitment to Fair Trade and charitable organizations, Te House of Tea aims to reduce wasteful consumption within our community. We output very little waste as a restaurant: about as much as the average household in a week. You'll notice this fact simply by the fact we don't have a dumpster at our building!
We accomplish this by smart composting, aggressive recycling, and reduction of packaging:
- we compost all our tea leaves, and other vegetable matter, about 2-3 pounds a day. We keep a compost pile at home, and our neighbor's landscape company loves to take soil from our pile - it's a rich, nutrious soil after just 3 months!
- we recycle all glass jars, cans, cardboard, and plastic. It's hauled away on a daily basis, to keep our place healthy and free from curious little critters.
- we shop local groceries, considerably reducing the cardboard packaging used by most food service delivery companies.
- we use green cleaning and paper products.
We hope other restaurants are inspired to follow these practices, and more, to continue to help make a better planet!